Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Just thought i'd share two things my kids did today (well last night and this morning) that I couldnt help but laugh at.  Maybe you will get a good laugh out of it too!

This morning, Connor was in the bathroom about to brush his teeth.  I'm in the other room dressing Ella and I hear him say "Where's my toothpaste??"  He looks around for a second and then says, "I'VE BEEN ROBBED!!!" (And yes, he was 100% serious)  I thought I would die laughing.  Then of course, two seconds later, I hear him quietly say, "Oh here it is......"   LOL :)
Last night, we experimented with putting Ella in time-out for the first time because she wasn't following directions (Which were, "Stop throwing things in Connor's bath water."  She had by that time thrown in toothbrushes, toothpaste, a spoon, her shoe and some toliet paper.)  So off to time-out she went.  Unfortunately, she thought it was great fun.  She was bouncing around and laughing at us the entire time.  When I said, "Are you ready to be a good girl?", her reply was, "No sir!!!".  Then as I tried not to laugh, I said, "Well then I guess that means you want to stay in time-out, right?"  Her reply "YES SIR!!", with a big smile.  Oooh that child of mine! :)

Hope this brought a smile to your face! :)

~M

1 comment: